Pages


Monday, November 11, 2013

Home, Sweet Home (Now With Pictures!)


It's done! After weeks of waiting, Steven was finally issued his family villa! A second floor apartment, it has three bedrooms, maid's quarters, (which we'll use as an office/craft room), two and a half bathrooms and a formal dining room. It's situated across the street from the tennis courts, two pools (including the children's pool) and a playground. Perfect location!

So to say it's fully furnished would technically be correct, but a bit of a stretch design-wise.  The couches are plaid, (hello slip covers!) the chandeliers gold toned and crystal and a bit over the top. (My entire childhood I swore when I got older I'd buy a chandelier to show I'd made it! Lol)
The dining and living furniture is cherry colored. Think of a mid tier hotel in the eighties, mixed with your grandma's house, (China hutch, corner curio cabinet, gold chandeliers,etc.) 

And yet, I'm thrilled beyond words! Decor aside, the villa is quite large. The rooms, spacious. The drapes (thank god!) are a pale silvery blue and provide a nice starting point. Decor is easy to fix. Some nice accessories, a few accent walls, a couple of rugs, voila! My biggest excitement comes from the bidets. I've always wanted bidets! The western concept of toilet paper as a sanitary option has always disgusted me. It's like stepping in dog doo, scuffing your shoe a bit on the pavement and calling your shoe "clean." Ick. Steven's not sold on the bidet concept though. He keeps asking me, "Okay, explain this to me again, you sit where?" Hilarious!:). I already see the baby playing in it...gonna have to keep an eye on both my boys!

So, until we get the authorization paperwork, we're still stuck in the States, but it's just such a morale booster to see our new home "in living color."  And Steven can finally begin the process to begin 
re-furnishing our house, getting it ready for us, decorating it. He's got excellent taste, and an almost dead-on identical design eye to mine. He jumps out of planes AND knows his Navajo White from his Buff Beige? Get back ladies! He's spoken for!:)

(Pictures to come:)


++++++++++++++UPDATE++++++++++++

Promised pictures for your viewing pleasure!:)

My bidet! Yeaaaa!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi world! I'd love to hear your feedback. I ask you to make your comments thoughtfully. Thanks!