Pages


Monday, September 29, 2014

Mediterranean Cruise-Rome, Pisa & Lucca

Our next stops on our cruise included the cities of Rome, Pisa and Lucca.

Rome is a glorious city; hot, chaotic, vibrant and chock full of amazing buildings and structures around every corner. We had booked a private driver to take us around to notable sights of the city. I'm heartbroken that I no longer remember the name of the first cathedral we visited, but it was spectacular!

Continuing our tour around Rome:

The Pantheon

Inside St. Peter's Basillica

Next we visited Pisa. Below see the infamous Tower, the lesser known but gorgeous Duomo and a cafe we ate at with a peek-a-boo view of the Tower!




I end with Lucca, an ancient Medievel walled city with the quaintest winding streets. It was a gorgeous day for shopping and eating gelato. Oddly enough, surrounded by the most beautiful culture, my son decided this was the souvenir he needed most:

I can't lie, the Backstreet Boys were appearing there in concert the next day, and if we didn't have to leave, that ticket stub would've been my favorite souvenir!


All in all, amazing sights, and waaay too many pics to post here! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi world! I'd love to hear your feedback. I ask you to make your comments thoughtfully. Thanks!