Pages


Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday being the start of the work week here in the Kingdom, we celebrate all Sunday holidays on Saturday, (Mother's Day, Easter, etc.) My Mother's Day is just coming to a close, the day before everyone in the U.S wakes up to their Mother's Day. My celebration was much more low key than in previous years...Steven made me breakfast, I got some earrings and clothes at the mall, and he made me a delicious dinner. There was no hype on tv, the ever present Zales jewelry commercials gushing over how mom "needs" their latest piece of jewelry--weren't present. No Hallmark cards received. Just a really nice day. 

And it occurred to me, you need the hoopla in the States. Most of us women work, (almost every woman I know anyway) and we need that one, brief day to validate that we are moms TOO!, in addition to career women.

I don't need that here. As a stay at home mom, my role is vital to the family. I have to take care of my child, because there is NO ONE else to do it. I am appreciated by my family daily. The cleanliness of the house is praised regularly, the compliments after my good meals effusive. And Steven (and the rest of my friends) can't say enough about how smart Kellan is from the school lessons I teach him, and how mannerly and well behaved he is. I am succeeding as a mom, and I am appreciated by my family daily. Mother's Day here is nice, but not needed. I should retract that though, or next year I might have to make my own breakfast!:)

1 comment:

  1. Job well done girl!! I found the link to your blog so I can keep up!!! Lol Hope to see ya soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi world! I'd love to hear your feedback. I ask you to make your comments thoughtfully. Thanks!